Thus, I like to make dishes from my favorite restaurants from time to time. My cookbook exchange brought me a salsa recipe that (gasp!) isn’t meant to be served with chips. Where have you gone, salsa? However, because I was intrigued by the list of ingredients, I just had to try it. The recipe also suggested pairing it with eggs, so I did. Success!
Since I prefer eggs and bacon over mochi pancakes or waffles, you won’t see me eating either of them. Today, I’m in love with eggs in all their forms! You can make this very quickly and easily when you do not feel like cooking. There’s nothing better than the combination of my favorite things: meat, eggs, cheese, and salsa! Hey Lucy omelets, one of their most popular menu items, inspired this dish.
You may also like this:
A recipe such as this yields a lot of food, enough to make omelets. Omlettes like this are particularly delicious. This would also make a great breakfast or brunch item. The reason I chose this method was to use up the entire package of chorizo. This recipe is very easy to halve, and you can find smaller packages of chorizo in most grocery stores near the breakfast sausage and bacon.
The salsa recipe is also not going to be shared. Although it was peculiarly flavorful, I always share only the best with you. It is therefore definitely recommended that you use homemade or store-bought salsa. You can also try using taco sauce, yogurt/sour cream, or leave it out if salsa isn’t your thing! Making it your own will usually yield the best results.
Eggs are an essential part of the keto diet. They’re very healthy, very tasty, and very inexpensive. However, eggs are sometimes boring. Luckily, they can also be customized very easily! I’d like to share my recipe for this Chorizo Omelette with you today.
How do you flip an omelet?
Using two wide best spatulas will allow you to flip it, but the omelette may fall apart if you do this. This is how I usually work. Upon placing the best skillet for eggs on a heatproof plate, I begin cooking. Afterward, I invert the omelet onto a plate with the cooked side facing up, then slide it back into the skillet. Check out the recipe below to see how I do it.
Thirdly, it could be flipped not at all. After the bottom is almost done, turn the heat to medium low. As soon as the top is set, cover the skillet and continue cooking over very low heat.
How to serve chorizo omelette?
The good news is that you do not need to serve it with french toast if you follow a low carb or keto diet! You can add some berries or cut up some tomatoes to balance out the richness of the dish.
You may also like this:
To make the omelet extra rich, you can add avocado slices or a dollop of sour cream. In addition, if you prefer bread for breakfast, there are other options! It would be good to make keto English muffins, 90-second bread, or almond flour biscuits.
You'll be kept full for hours with this delicious, substantial, and filling chorizo Omelette. Enjoy it when paired with vegetables and berries for balance.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ cup Thinly sliced onions
- ¼ cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Spicy chorizo sausage link
- ¼ tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- Beating the eggs with salt and pepper in a small bowl is the first step. Then set them aside.
- A nonstick skillet with a 10-inch diameter should be heated over medium heat for about 3 minutes. It should be brushed with olive oil.
- The onions should be golden after about 5 minutes of stirring occasionally. One more minute, stirring occasionally, then add the chorizo.
- Use a heat-resistant spatula to stir gently the eggs on top of the onions and chorizo to distribute evenly. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom of the eggs is starting to set.
- Let the uncooked egg from the top slide below the omelet's edges, where it will cook faster. Gently lift the edges of the omelet.
- The omelet can be flipped with two wide spatulas once the bottom has been set. Use this method to flip it as shown below.
- The second side should be cooked for 1-2 minutes more. Then, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on one half and fold it in half.
- Slide the Omelette onto a plate, then turn off the heat and allow the cheese to melt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 850mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g