For a father day desert recipe or small gathering, this easy Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake is a great dessert. You won’t believe how delicious this Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake is – it’s simple, buttery, moist, and all over with chocolate chips!
Cake itself is buttery and moist, with a thick layer of mini chocolate chips bursting into every bite. So simple and plain, yet so delicious and moist. It’s perfect for any time of day, anywhere, to enjoy this simple vanilla sponge cake. This frosting is super fluffy and rich and complements the chocolate cake perfectly.
You may also like:
Besides butter, eggs, flour, sugar, and milk, you’ll only need a few pantry ingredients for this moist chocolate chip pound cake. Of course there are chocolate chips as well! You can whip up the cake batter in less than 10 minutes. Just under an hour later, you’ll have a super yummy treat! I honestly think this is one of the best recipes I’ve ever made!
Frequently Asked Questions
The term loaf cake refers to any cake baked in a loaf pan. In traditional pound cakes, butter, sugar, eggs, and flour are each mixed into one pound and there is no leavening agent or milk added. Despite not being a traditional pound cake, this recipe is still dense and moist!
When adding ins to batter, they can sink during baking but I’ve found that the thicker the batter, the less they sink. It seems that my mini chocolate chips didn’t sink too much into this cake batter because it’s pretty thick. Before folding the chips into the batter, toss them in flour!
When your cake comes out dry, you may have left it in the oven for too long. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature, use an oven thermometer. Additionally, once the cake is ready, I like to check on it every 5 minutes after 50 minutes.
There will be a difference in baking time, however. Approximately 60 minutes is the recommended time to check for doneness, but more time can be added if necessary.
There is no need to thaw this chocolate chip loaf cake before freezing. You can freeze the cake by wrapping it in aluminium foil and storing it in a freezer-safe container. After thawing, place the cake in the refrigerator overnight.
You may also like:
Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
This is an easy and delicious dessert or snack that the whole family can enjoy. These Chocolate Chip Loaf Cakes have been a favorite of my teens for years. You can make this recipe easily and it tastes great!
- 2 Eggs large
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by greasing it. You should also grease the parchment paper and line the pan's bottom. To make the dough, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make sure to set aside. Set aside the milk and vanilla after whisking it together. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. The batter should be pale and fluffy after the eggs have been added one at a time and mixed until well combined.
- Stir in half of the flour next. All the milk needs to be added then the remaining flour is mixed in. Add the chocolate chips after everything has been incorporated. Prepare your baking dish and pour batter into it.
- Bake for approximately 45 - 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Just a few crumbs should fall off when you insert a toothpick in the center. Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack after removing from the oven.
- Let it cool for a couple more minutes after removing it from the pan. Served immediately, this can be eaten right away.
Before adding chocolate chips to cake batter, you can toss them in some flour to prevent them from sinking. Be aware that all ovens bake a little differently. When I bake this cake, it takes between 40 and 45 minutes to bake. Electric oven with fan assistance that is calibrated correctly is what I use. You may need to bake your cake longer depending on the type of loaf pan, the pan's size, and the oven you use.
To prevent excessive browning, loosely cover the cake with tin foil if it appears to be browning too quickly. The day it's made is the best day to eat it. This means that it dries fairly quickly. Make it fresh if you plan on making it!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply