In the 1970s, Bacardi’s rum cake recipe was published. This is the original recipe. Unless you’ve tried this cake before (or baked it), don’t be fooled by the boxed cake mix. That is one of the tastiest cakes I have eaten, and I make it year-round, not just for the holidays!
This cake looks beautiful when served with maraschino cherries and seedless green grapes adorning it, and the fruit compliments it perfectly as well. Nonetheless, this cake is both delicious and beautiful on its own. If you bake this rum cake for a best father day cake recipe or simply as a tasty treat, you’re sure to get rave reviews!
You may also like:
It doesn’t matter if you drink Bacardi Rum or not to enjoy this delicious rum cake. There is no better recipe for moist cake than this one. The only cake that improves with age is this one. It doesn’t usually last very long in the refrigerator because you’re tempted to eat more than one bite. There are almost no occasions when a Bacardi Rum Bundt Cake wouldn’t be the perfect dessert choice.
- This cake tastes better after it sits for a while.
- The plain version is delicious, but you can top it with vanilla ice cream if you like. Then drizzle some more rum over the ice cream for a special treat for adults.
- The rum makes it ideal for sending as a gift through the mail because it serves as a preservative. There have been a number of cakes sent overseas to soldiers. People have even shipped them overseas after baking them in canning jars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Originally, Bacardi Ocho was used in the recipe for Bacardi rum cake. This golden rum has notes of spices, oak, and dried fruits, as well as a deep, layered and mellow flavor. Bacardi spiced rum or Bacardi Oro can also be used as alternatives, according to the brand. Depending on what I’m drinking, any golden or dark rum will work!
What matters is that you enjoy the taste of it. According to my rule, you’ll love its flavor in a cake if you enjoy it in a cocktail. However, my preferred rum is Bacardi Black. Among all the Bacardi rums, it’s the sweetest!
Honestly, I think the taste of this cake is better the next day, when the rum glaze has had a chance to soak into it. The last thing I do before serving is sprinkle a little extra rum on the slice. Keeping the cake in the refrigerator for four to seven days will extend its shelf life.
Yes, of course! Place in a resealable plastic bag (or wrap securely in plastic wrap) and freeze for up to three months. Put the frozen food in the refrigerator to defrost overnight.
You may also like:
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Bacardi dark rum
- ½ cup Water
- 4 large Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chopped pecans
- ½ cup Bacardi dark rum
- 15.25 ounce box Butter golden cake mix
- 3.4 ounce box Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Maraschino cherries and seedless green grapes
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Make sure the bundt pan is sprayed with cooking spray. Spread pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan. A mixer on medium speed is used to mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil and rum together.
- The batter should be poured over the pecans. For best results, bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After cooling, place on a cooling rack.
- The glaze can be prepared while the cake cools. A small saucepan over medium heat should be used to melt butter. Stir sugar and water together. Boil at high heat for a few minutes.
- Stir frequently during the boiling process until the mixture thickens. After removing the mixture from the heat, slowly add the rum.
- Add all ingredients together and stir well. When the cake is cool, invert it onto a serving plate. Intending to eat the cake, pierce holes throughout using a toothpick or skewer.
- Let the glaze soak into the cake's top and sides. The cocktail can be served and garnished with maraschino cherries or grapes, if desired.
Fruit is not included in the nutrition information. The cook time includes the preparation of the glaze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 773Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 1gSugar: 63gProtein: 5g