As you all know, I know that this is a common breakfast. There are a lot of day-to-day food ingredients that contain it, including potatoes. You will enjoy this potato hash for hours on end because it’s so easy to make, satisfying, and will fill you up!
There’s no better way to cook bacon, eggs, potatoes, and cheese than in this breakfast skillet! Even though it may seem complicated, it is actually one of the simplest recipes I will teach you to make. Absolutely. There are golden potatoes in this eggs best skillet, either fried or baked with a small amount of oil (your choice), bacon follows closely, followed by scallions (shallots for us Aussies) and melted mozzarella cheese at the end. Baked for about half an hour or so.
Now here’s what you need to know. You might want to hear how this ended up in my kitchen. It won’t happen. It would be boring, right? It was as if I stood around the stove, absorbing the smell of crispy potatoes frying as I watched them change from white to the most beautiful golden brown, restraining myself from reaching in to grab one.
You may also like:
Tips and Techniques
- A combination of red and green bell peppers is also acceptable.
- As the bacon cools, it will crisp up even more, so don’t overcook it. The chicken should be removed from the skillet as soon as it starts to look crispy
- By stacking the bacon up all at once, you can cut it easily. You can do this by opening the package of bacon and separating the slices. Once the pieces are all cut, slice them into 1/2-inch slices.
- Make sausage can be substituted for bacon. The vegetables will need to be cooked in oil or butter if you decide to use sausage.
- Ensure that your potatoes are cut into as many equal pieces as possible. By doing this, you will be able to cook your potatoes evenly so that they don’t become mushy and/or hard.
- Any leftover hash should be kept in the compact refrigerator in an airtight container. Eat within four to five days.
Are potatoes supposed to be dried before frying?
If you wish to air dry or to pat your potatoes dry with paper towels, you should do so before cooking. Wet potatoes will lower the temperature of hot oil when they are added to it. Potatoes will come out soggy as a result of taking longer to cook and absorbing more oil misters.
You may also like:
Does Potato Hash Freeze Well?
However, reheating leftover potato hash will not improve its quality when it’s frozen. To make it the best way, do it fresh wherever possible.
Breakfast Potato Hash With Eggs
Breakfast Potato Hash with Eggs is a hearty and healthy way to start your day! This homestyle breakfast is easy to make with cubed potatoes, over-easy eggs, and crisp bacon bits cooked in a cast-iron skillet.
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 Eggs
- 6 oz Bacon
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 3 Cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 lb Russet potatoes
- ⅛-¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Small sweet onion
- Cut the bacon into large pieces and cook on medium low heat in a large cast iron skillet. Allow it to cook completely, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let bacon drain on a paper towel-lined plate after it has been removed from the skillet. 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease should be added back to the skillet. In cases where bacon did not produce much grease, substitute butter or oil for the difference. Include onions and bell peppers.
- Saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Continue to saute for 1-2 minutes more after adding the garlic.
- Then garnish the dish with cubed potatoes and paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Combine potatoes and seasonings thoroughly. Stir occasionally during the 10 minutes of cooking. Stir in the onions and peppers about 2-3 minutes before it is finished.
- In the center of the potatoes, make 5 wells about an inch and a half deep. Drop a cracked egg into each.
- Put a lid on the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Saute the vegetables for six to eight minutes. To rewarm eggs, remove the lid and sprinkle bacon bits over them when they are almost done. Enjoy the potato hash and eggs with fresh cilantro sprinkled on top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 677mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Leave a Reply