Growing up, getting Hostess treats was a special treat. Cupcakes, cakes, and pies in adorable packages! The Ding Dong Snack Cakes are based on Hostess Ding Dongs! This chocolate treat is a chocolate lover’s dream! In place of a single serving experience, this cake is full-sized and has a huge wow factor.
An original-tasting chocolate creme filling fills thick layers of moist chocolate cake. Afterward, the whole cake is coated in a shiny chocolate ganache. These are the perfect gifts for celebrating the father day event and letting your friends and family know you care. Ding dong cake has a rich chocolate cake filling and is topped with a creamy frosting!
Hostess Ding Dong snacks are one of your favorite snacks, so you will absolutely love this cake! Chocolate ganache is used to cover the creamy sweet layer of the chocolate cake. This recipe absolutely melts in your mouth with every bite. The flavors blend so well together and taste exactly like the real thing! With a few little tricks, this recipe can appear difficult but is easy to make using a cake mix, canned frosting, and cool whip!
There’s nothing better than eating Ding Dong Cake, and you can say it too! Chocolate cake is a great dessert for weekends, holidays, potlucks, and BBQs. The Ding Dong Cake recipe is a guaranteed amazing dessert if you are looking for something unique.
You may also like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Ding Dong Cakes are made like Hostess Ding Dong Snack Cakes and consist of a moist chocolate cake filled with ganache and topped with an almond icing. Desserts like this one are loved by everyone. It’s the perfect party accessory for your next event!
It helps cocoa powder bloom when a hot liquid is added, enhancing the chocolate’s flavor. For my chocolate cake, I always use coffee to “bloom” the chocolate. However, any hot liquid will work. Due to the fact that coffee actually enhances the chocolate flavor. This won’t happen to you! As strange as it may seem, it actually helps deepen the chocolate’s flavor.
Although this really makes the cake, a can of chocolate frosting can also be used. Just remove the lid and foil from the can and microwave until warm before pouring over the cake. This is how I make my Boston Cream Poke Cake and it is still delicious!
Sure, of course! You can absolutely use a mix if you don’t want to make your own homemade cake. There are lots of chocolate flavors that you can use in this recipe, but I really like Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge.
This chocolate cake is out of this world delicious with layers of rich, chocolatey cake, fluffy cream, and super-rich ganache. There isn’t anything better than this! Its cream filling is the star of the show. Despite its lightness, fluffiness, and smoothness, it is not heavy. You should use shortening in order to keep the cream fluffy. Even with all butter, it may not be as light as if you used all butter.
You’re right! Plastic wrap the individual pieces of cake after they are sliced. The cake can get messy, so chilling it in the refrigerator before slicing and wrapping helps. You can store frozen pieces for up to three months by placing them in freezer-safe storage bags. The slice will be ready to thaw once it has been removed from the refrigerator and removed from the plastic. Make sure the container is at room temperature before using.
You may also like:
Ding Dong Cake
Chocolate and cream filling combine in this rich chocolate cake! This chocolate cake recipe will remind you of Hostess cupcakes or Ding Dong cakes!
- 3 Eggs
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Stick of butter
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 box Betty Crocker devil's food cake mix
- 16 oz container of Milk chocolate frosting
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by greasing them and setting them aside. Follow the directions on the cake mix package to make the devil's food cake.
- Check the boxed instructions for the ingredients, but you should usually use 1-1/4 cups water + 1/2 cup vegetable oil + 3 eggs. It is okay to omit the water, vegetable oil, and eggs that are included in the box mix instructions if your recipe calls for different ingredients.
- The cake should be baked according to the package instructions. Cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar can be mixed together as the cake bakes. After mixing the Cool Whip, fold in the whipped topping until it is evenly distributed.
- Once the cake has been baked and cooled, place it on a cooling rack. Split the cakes in half and into thinner layers once they have cooled completely. Make sure each portion of cream filling is equal.
- You should spread one portion of cream filling on top of one cake layer, but avoid spreading it to the edges because the weight of the stacked cakes will push it over the edge.
- The second portion of cream filling should be spread over the second layer of cake once the first layer of cream filling has been evenly spread. Continue placing cake layers until the last one is placed.
- When the cake is complete, frost it with the desired amount of milk chocolate frosting. You may need both the whole container and part of a second container if you decide to frost the whole cake rather than just the top.
The nutrition information provided here has been calculated by third parties and is an estimate. In addition to brands, measuring methods, and portion sizes, the nutritional content of each brand will vary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 1gSugar: 60gProtein: 3g
Leave a Reply