At first, I was thinking of having this with a fried egg. It just occurred to me that I had a Danggit silog the other day. Though I’m not picky, I like to have a meal that is a little different. In order to enjoy this the way I enjoy pancit habab most – with spicy vinegar – I decided to eat it that way. Besides, Danggit fried rice is a substantial part of a meal. We added some vinegar to it to enhance its flavor.
Danggit is a salted, sun-dried rabbitfish native to the shallow waters of Cebu, known for its abundance and taste. Danggit Fried Rice is a simple version of fried rice containing chopped dried Danggit, also called rabbitfish. It is made with garlic, cooked white rice, and chunks of dried fish. There is no doubt that this version of fried rice is very tasty and you can eat it with other fried Filipino breakfast favorites like tocino, longganisa, and whatever else you enjoy.
The danggit is usually not dried until cooked, so they are cooked fresh in many ways, such as stewed in soup or fried whole. This has been the case with steamed and fried tilapia before, both of which I enjoyed. An omelet that is Filipino is another dish that I think this dish would complement – you know – scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions. You can make tasty Danggit Fried Rice with this recipe.
You may also like this:
- 1 tsp Rock salt
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 5 Cloves minced garlic
- 3 cup Cooked white rice
- 3/4 cup Boneless Danggit
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Gather the ingredients and prepare them. You can cut the dried boneless Danggit into small strips depending on your preference.
- It may take about 3 to 5 pieces, depending on the size, of dried boneless Danggit. Chop the garlic finely.
- The best type of rice would be cold leftover rice, but freshly cooked white rice will also work. Danggit Fried Rice needs to be cooked.
- To a wok over medium-low heat, add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. You can now add the minced garlic and boneless Danggit pieces to the mixture.
- Continue to cook until the garlic turns golden brown. You should finish cooking it within 15 to 30 seconds.
- Continue stirring for 3 minutes until they are well blended. By doing so, the salt will become well mixed into the rice.
- Mix again for a minute after adding the sesame oil, if you have any. Then turn off the stove.
- Let's serve! Danggit leftover from the previous step can also be fried for a few seconds and added as a garnish to the Danggit Fried Rice.
- Serve the Danggit Fried Rice immediately. Don't wait; enjoy now!
- You can pair the Danggitsilog with Sunny Side Up for an easy meal! Give your standard fried rice a new twist with this recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1632Total Fat: 55gCarbohydrates: 60g