You’ll never have to worry about this Butterfinger cake not being a smash hit at your next party. We take an easy chocolate cake mix and doctor it up with sweetened condensed milk, caramel and chopped Butterfingers! You will love this cake! Make this Butterfinger Cake using step-by-step photos.
We have another gorgeous cake recipe to share with you. The summer is upon us, so I love cold cakes and cakes I can prepare ahead of time. The cake recipe below is for a poke style cake. This is achieved by poking big holes all over the cake, then filling it with a sweetened condensed milk and caramel filling. You will adore the super moist cake it creates. You can make your dreams come true!
Whenever I am home, we eat Butterfinger. The crisp, crunchiness of this texture makes recipes and baking delicious. Once a week, I do a big shopping trip and stock up on all my baking needs, flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and cream. My favorite part of going down the candy aisle is that it’s just fun and bright, and I love cooking with candy as well as experimenting with flavor combinations. This fun-sized Butterfinger can be found in the candy aisle. Here’s a recipe for Butterfinger cake you’ll love.
You may also like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Although I am surprised when readers ask me that question, I’ve published two other recipes with Butterfingers, and I’ve always been asked that question. It seems that Butterfingers are a uniquely American treat. Butterfingers are candy bars covered in milk chocolate with a crunchy peanut butter center. Wunderbars are apparently the Canadian and UK versions.
Sadly, no. In this recipe, Devil’s food is so chocolatey and rich that it just has a slight bitterness that offsets the sweet topping and caramel filling. You can really use anything you like in this recipe. I probably wouldn’t go for strawberry or raspberry blue. The vanilla or marble flavors are also safe choices if you’re not a fan of butterfinger cake.
Poke cakes are pretty much what they sound like. The cake is poked with holes with a fork or thin wooden spoon, usually on the top. In most cases, it is filled with sweetened condensed milk, pudding, or Jell-O, but sometimes with jam or jellied fruit. To enhance the flavor of the best father day cake, extra flavor is infused throughout. A slice of cake will reveal little rivulets of gooey deliciousness throughout.
You can do that! Cake and topping can be frozen separately or as a fully assembled dessert. You can freeze this for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Put the frozen food in the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
You may also like:
- 1 bar Butterfinger candy
- 8 oz Tub whipped topping
- 12 oz Jar caramel topping
- 15.25 oz Box fudge marble cake mix
- 14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate syrup to drizzle on top optiona
- Ingredients listed on back of cake mix box
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure the baking pan is nonstick by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In accordance with the instructions on the back of the box, prepare and bake the cake according to the instructions. Wait a few minutes after it comes out of the oven before allowing it to cool down.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping in a medium bowl. Use a fork to poke holes in the cake. There are a lot of holes!
- To fill the crevices with caramel, you need plenty of them. Put caramel mixture on cake and drizzle it over it. To cool the cake, put it in the refrigerator.
- The cake can be topped with whipped topping after it has cooled. Afterwards, sprinkle the candy with crushed Butterfinger pieces.
Due to the whipped topping, the cake should be kept in the refrigerator until it is time to serve it. Alternatively, you can drizzle with chocolate syrup or scatter some extra Butterfinger bars on top before serving. Using a Devil's Food Cake mix also makes this cake very good.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 39gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g