This recipe for air fryer egg rolls makes breakfast a breeze! A simple and hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese. This breakfast recipe features a country gravy dip!
It is my obsession to make egg rolls. Various sausage egg rolls, cheeseburger egg rolls, Philly cheesesteak egg rolls, buffalo chicken egg rolls, and even apple pie egg rolls have been shared on my blog already.
Previously, they were a treat that we would make every now and then at home, but when we discovered how to make egg rolls in the best air fryer, we started making them constantly. You can fry them in a pot of oil if you like, but these are much easier and delicious!
Our team thought it was time to transform breakfast into a new favorite and here it is – Breakfast Egg Rolls! Making extra and eating them all week long is easy with this weekend breakfast recipe. I think this would make a nice brunch on the weekend. Leftovers reheat beautifully in the air fryer capacity for breakfast all week the next day.
You may also like this:
- You must not forget the oil. Getting that bubbly finish on eggrolls and wonton wrappers requires a bit more oil. You will not have the crisp and airy bite you’re accustomed to if you skip this step.
- Make it with the ingredients you love. Are you vegetarian? Do you enjoy sausage? Is lactose intolerance an issue for you? Not a problem. Simply fill these eggrolls with your favorite breakfast ingredients and cook as directed.
- Make sure the seams are sealed. It is essential to seal the ends when cooking so the filling doesn’t spill out.
- Dive in and dive in some more. Because I love sauces, everything I eat is simply a vessel for the dip.
What is a breakfast egg roll?
You know how delicious and crispy air fryer egg rolls are if you’ve tried one. Why should you limit yourself to only eating that crispy flavor bomb at lunch or dinner? These Breakfast Air Fryer Egg Rolls combine all your favorite breakfast ingredients within an egg roll wrapper that is perfectly crisp.
How should I store my leftover egg rolls?
Cool your egg rolls before placing them in an air-tight container and storing them in the best refrigerator-freezer for up to four days. Air fry for three to four minutes at 350 degrees.
Can I make a double batch and freeze them so they last longer?
You can freeze egg rolls by letting them cool completely, or by forming and freezing them before cooking, and then placing them in one layer on a sheet pan in the freezer for an hour. Putting the partially frozen egg rolls in a freezer bag and sealing it tightly helps prevent them from thawing out. Store in the freezer for 3 months or more.
Can you freeze egg roll wrappers?
The egg roll wrappers you have leftover can be frozen. Make sure there is parchment paper between each wrapper so that the wrappers do not freeze together.
You may also like this:
How long do they last?
These air fryer egg rolls should be consumed within three to four days of making them. If you let them sit in your refrigerator for too long, the eggroll wrappers will absorb more moisture, and they will be less crisp when reheated.
These breakfast eggrolls can be kept for up to a week in an air-tight container in the refrigerator if you don’t mind the texture.
- Black pepper
- 6 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 lb Chicken
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 12 Egg roll wrappers
- 2 tbsp Chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp Diced red bell pepper
- Combine water, salt, and black pepper with the eggs. The sausage should no longer be pink when cooked, 4 minutes at medium heat, crumbling into crumbs; drain.
- Cook 2 minutes after scallions and peppers are added. Place on a dish and set aside.
- Spray oil on the skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. A mixture of egg and milk should be added to the pan and stirred until the eggs are fluffy and cooked.
- Add sausage mixture and stir thoroughly. Layout a single eggroll wrapper with corners positioned in a diamond shape on a clean, dry work surface.
- On the bottom third of the wrapper, place 1/4 cup of the egg mixture. Wrap the bottom point closest to you around the filling, then carefully lift.
- Take a finger and run it along the edges of the wrapper after dipping it in a small bowl of water.
- Keep folding the corners into the center and rolling tightly into a cylinder. Filling and wrappers should be repeated with the remaining filling.
- Then, spray oil on both sides of the egg rolls and rub them with your hands to ensure an even coating.
- Prepare the air fryer by preheating it to 370°F. Turn egg rolls halfway during cooking or until golden brown and crisp, in batches of 10 minutes.
- You may serve the chicken immediately with salsa if you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Egg rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 221.5mgSodium: 585mgCarbohydrates: 24.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17.5g