This recipe for air-fryer egg rolls makes breakfast a breeze! A simple and hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese. This breakfast recipe features a country gravy dip!
It is my obsession to make egg rolls. There have already been posts on my blog about sausage egg rolls, cheeseburger egg rolls, Philly cheesesteak egg rolls, buffalo chicken egg rolls, and even apple pie egg rolls.
Previously, they were a treat that we would make every now and then at home, but when we discovered how to make egg rolls in the best air fryer, we started making them constantly. You can fry them in a pot of oil if you like, but these are much easier and delicious!
Our team thought it was time to transform breakfast into a new favorite and here it is: – Breakfast Egg Rolls! Making extra and eating them all week long is easy with this weekend breakfast recipe. I think this would make a nice brunch on the weekend. Leftovers reheat beautifully in the air fryer capacity for breakfast all week the next day.
You may also like this:
Eggs: The filling will be made with these scrambled eggs. As well as egg beaters, you can use whisks.
Bacon: If you don’t want to use an air fryer, you can fry your bacon in the same pan where you cook your eggs or you can chop it up in a food processor.
Cheese: Use your favorite shredded cheese, but we prefer cheddar.
Hashbrowns (optional): The ingredients provide a filling component to these breakfast eggrolls, instead of the cabbage found in traditional eggrolls.
Oil: For injecting oil into an oil sprayer without clogging, you should use vegetable or canola oil.
Gravy: You can serve egg rolls with this dip as an accompaniment, but it makes a tasty addition. With a pack of sausage, flour, and milk, you can make country gravy at home using instructions found at the store.
How To Make Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- You can prepare eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns in advance on the stovetop. Alternatively, you can prepare them separately in your air fryer if you don’t want to use your stovetop.
- Prepare a bowl of water by putting a small amount in it. Put one egg roll wrapper on a plate and place the point of the wrapper towards your belly button.+
- To assemble, place the desired ingredients straight down the center of the egg roll wrapper (in this case, egg, bacon, hashbrowns, and cheese). An egg roll wrapper should measure approximately 1 inch wide, diagonally across, leaving 1/2 inch of space without filling on each end.
- You should fold the two corners of the egg roll inward far enough to touch the filling end. Start by folding over the two tucked-in corners of the egg roll wrapper and the egg roll filling on the opposite side.
- Once the eggroll is rolled into a cylinder, continue rolling it tightly (but not too tight). Water can be brushed on the eggroll’s edge to seal it with a basting brush. Make the egg roll by lightly spraying it with oil.
- The egg rolls should be cooked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes, turning once halfway through. After cooling for 5 minutes, remove the eggrolls from the pan.
- Make sure you dip in the condiment of your choice before eating!
Breakfast Egg Rolls: Variations
- If you’re worried about the meat, think about swapping it out with diced ham, Canadian bacon, bacon, chorizo, etc. To add even more flavor, make a duo of meats if you are a meat lover.
- You can fill boiled potatoes with diced potatoes after they are cooked. This will give the dish a tasty flavor boost.
- The cheese can be swapped for Swiss, pepper jack, mozzarella, or any other type of cheese you like. The egg rolls can be served with a different kind of cheese to change up the flavor.
Why You’re Going To Love This Twist On Classic Egg Rolls
- Fast: You can have a breakfast solution ready in less than 30 minutes by preparing the filling the night before.
- Easy: Wrap the ingredients you like in an egg roll wrapper. Spray oil on the air fryer and fry it.
- Versatile: Make your perfect breakfast by combining all your favorite breakfast foods.
- Family-friendly: Fun and different ways to entice even the pickiest eater to finish their meal.
- Delicious: There’s nothing better than comfort food.
- You must not forget the oil. Getting that bubbly finish on eggrolls and wonton wrappers requires a bit more oil. You will not have the crisp and airy bite you’re accustomed to if you skip this step.
- Make it with the ingredients you love. Are you vegetarian? Do you enjoy sausage? Is lactose intolerance an issue for you? Not a problem. Simply fill these eggrolls with your favorite breakfast ingredients and cook as directed.
- Make sure the seams are sealed. It is essential to seal the ends when cooking so the filling doesn’t spill out.
- Dive in and dive in some more. Because I love sauces, everything I eat is simply a vessel for the dip.
You may also like this:
Frequently Asked Questions
You know how delicious and crispy air fryer egg rolls are if you’ve tried one. Why should you limit yourself to only eating that crispy flavor bomb at lunch or dinner? These Breakfast air-fryer egg rolls combine all your favorite breakfast ingredients within an egg roll wrapper that is perfectly crisp.
Cool your egg rolls before placing them in an airtight container and storing them in the best refrigerator-freezer for up to four days. Air fry for three to four minutes at 350 degrees.
The egg roll wrappers you have leftover can be frozen. Make sure there is parchment paper between each wrapper so that the wrappers do not freeze together.
Within three to four days of making these egg rolls, they should be consumed. If you let them sit in your refrigerator for too long, the eggroll wrappers will absorb more moisture, and they will be less crisp when reheated.
As long as you don’t mind their texture, you can store these breakfast eggrolls in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Black pepper
- 6 Large eggs
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 lb Chicken
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 12 Egg roll wrappers
- 2 tbsp Chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp Diced red bell pepper
- Combine water, salt, and black pepper with the eggs. The sausage should no longer be pink when cooked, 4 minutes at medium heat, crumbling into crumbs; drain.
- Cook 2 minutes after scallions and peppers are added. Place on a dish and set aside.
- Spray oil on the skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. A mixture of egg and milk should be added to the pan and stirred until the eggs are fluffy and cooked.
- Add sausage mixture and stir thoroughly. Layout a single eggroll wrapper with corners positioned in a diamond shape on a clean, dry work surface.
- On the bottom third of the wrapper, place 1/4 cup of the egg mixture. Wrap the bottom point closest to you around the filling, then carefully lift.
- Take a finger and run it along the edges of the wrapper after dipping it in a small bowl of water.
- Keep folding the corners into the center and rolling tightly into a cylinder. Filling and wrappers should be repeated with the remaining filling.
- Then, spray oil on both sides of the egg rolls and rub them with your hands to ensure an even coating.
- Prepare the air fryer by preheating it to 370°F. Turn egg rolls halfway during cooking or until golden brown and crisp, in batches of 10 minutes.
- You may serve the chicken immediately with salsa if you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Egg rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 221.5mgSodium: 585mgCarbohydrates: 24.5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17.5g